By Waman Meshram, National President, Bharat Mukti Morcha
1) With the objective of prosperity and maturity of democracy in India Vishwaratna, Mahamanav, Babasaheb Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar had adopted adult franchise and right to vote was granted to all the adults above the age of 21 years.
Rajiv Gandhi instead, on the power of 2/3 majority brought about amendment in the Article 368 of the Indian Constitution and reduced voting age from 21 to 18 thereby making democracy a joke.
2) Did not implement Mandal commission. He followed the footsteps of his mother. He did not even think of 52% OBC-Maratha-Kunbis.
3) He established contacts with LTTE chief Prabhakaran. Rajiv Gandhi wanted to create strong leadership like his mother. His mother had split Pakistan into two pieces meaning East Pakistan and West Pakistan means Bangladesh. Ones influence increases if the neighboring nations are weak. That’s why Indira spit Pakistan into two. Rajiv Gandhi also desired to split single Sri Lanka into two. For this reason he established contacts with Prabhakaran. Not only this for this purpose he sent Shanti Sena India to Sri Lanka, and granted permission in training of Prabhakaran’s people in preparation and use of RDX in a laboratory in Madras.
4) In addition engaged in massive scandal in purchase of Boffors guns.
5) In order to increase his popularity he ordered every administrative and semi administrative office to hang his photo on walls.