Raju Nayak, the editor of Lokmat - Goa Edition, Goa edition wrote long and highly controversial article involving Fr.Pratap Naik s.j, Romi Konkni protagonist labeling him as ‘terrorist’ in an attempt to tarnish his contribution to the movement of mulnivasi people of Goa and to trigger off regionalism and casteism. The article was published in Marathi in Lokmat on 27th October 2013 with title “Adharmakaran”. The article is fine blend of truth, lies and prejudices that seeks to absolve Bamons of Goa from their nefarious acts. Here are some selected extracts from the article accompanied with critical comments from Sebastian Rodrigues. Comments are indicated in colored text.
The above picture shows Fr.Pratap Naik s.j addressing 5th BAMCEF Goa State Convention in Panjim held on 27th October 2013. Also seen on the dais is Hon.D.R.Ohol, National Campaigner of BAMCEF, Janardhan Tamakar, Ramnath Naik, Milan Nare and Mohammad Salim all of whom also spoke on the day. Several others also spoke exposing the bamani system operating in Goa and in India.
1. Because of religion country is partitioned. This is false. Country was split so that Bamons can have control. Gandhi functioned as stooge of Brahmins even though he was baniya (Vyashya). He was shot dead by Brahmin so that Banias (Vyashyas) will not pose competition for power.
2. In Goa’s cultural field church has caused havoc provoking split in society. The Church is attacked here because Fr.Pratap Naik spoke the truth and exposed the Bamani conspiracy behind suppressing Romi Konkani. This is an attempt to divert attention and cover up Bamons’ disgraceful role. In any case in this very article Raju Nayak, a bamon himself, has admitted that Church in Goa is controlled by Bamons.
3. Church does not want to transform Goa into modern, progressive society. It wants to build society on sole self interest, and self-minded ideals. Ideals of modernity does not come from one true living God and prayer to which church is dedicated to. The word ‘progressive’ is widely used to camouflage assaults from evil and persecute the Church as it was the case in various part of the world – French Revolution, Mexican Revolution, Russian Revolution.
4. This policy is followed in order to keep itself away from Hindus. The word ‘Hindu’ is from Persian dictionary that has three meanings – black, thief and slave. It was used by mughals who ruled India for 700 years with arrangement of power sharing with Brahmins who are also Euressian invaders in India as per Tilak and Nehru. Church has a message of freedom and it will not admit slavery until the enslavement is ended.
5. This same policy is embarked from Portuguese colonial days when Christianity was State religion. There is no guilt in following this policy.
6. After messing up with medium of instruction now they want to mess up language issue in Goa. Medium of instruction is a conspiracy created by Bamons so that the intellectual progress of our students in schools remains in the state of contended ignorance for the bamons to prolong their illegitimate rule little longer. The cracks are visible and it is only a matter of time that its edifice collapses. No Bamon would like to admit that they are manipulating language issue on non-stop basis. This is their conspiracy as a part of package of conspiracies in education like doing away with exams till std VIII. The conspiracy is national in nature. Bamons cause these problems from behind the curtain. Fr.Pratap Naik has uncovered the curtain.
7. The real object is not language but to split society. This is desperate attempt to cover up Bamon raj that Fr.Pratap boldy exposed. No society is getting split, only Bamons and their nefarious role are getting exposed in the process and it is inevitable.
8. Fr.Pratap Naik has become icon of Konkani. So let him. All power and strength to him!
9. From the stage he delivers extremely casteist speeches triggering mind boggling conspiracies. His speeches are directed only to unravel the truth that Bamons have conspired to suppress mulnivasi people by concocting devnagri Konkani and imposing it by means of deceit.
10. Chief aim of Fr.Pratap Naik is to create split in society. Whenever Bamon raj is in danger bamons shout from the roof top that society is in danger or nation is in danger or religion is danger. Raju Nayak provides excellent evidence of this in this article.
11. In the language issue he is poisoning society. He is not poisoning society he is creating awareness about the oppression of Bamon Raj and exercising his call to do away with it. He needs to be supported by one and all. Bharat Mukti Morcha congratulates him for this.
12. They before yesterday while speaking against devnagri Konkani he spoke against Saraswat samaj. This is very good. Hats off to Fr.Pratap Naik!
13. He knows that Saraswats will not retaliate against him. Saraswats retaliated against him through Sunaprat articles where Raju Nayak himself was an editor. This article itself is retaliation from Saraswat.
14. Instead of Hindu Saraswat he wants to dominate Christian bamons. There is no difference between the two, besides as per directions of Shenoy Goembab allias Valalkar Varde Hindu bamons and Christian bamons has to merge together and rule Goa. His book ‘Kahi Marathi Lekh’ written and and published in Bombai in 1945 is even dedicated to the younger generations of Bamons. He is completely casteist and his birth centrunary was sought to be celebrated by Manohar Parrikar in his earlier stint as Chief Minister.
15. This is because bamons dominate church in Goa. This honest admission from Raju Nayak. Goa’s Archbishop Felipe Neri Ferrao is a Bamon and he sold Vanxim to another Bamon Mahendra Gaunkar without taking people Vanxim into confidence. He also seeking to evict mulnviasi Priest Fr.Saluzinho Vaz from Infant Jesus Chapel, Murida, Cuncolim by police force under the control of another Bamon Manohar Parrikar, the home minister of Goa. So here we go: Bamon dominate Church as well as State in Goa. This is so disgusting.
16. This domination of bamons is crystal clear and visible in the process of appointment of Bishop. No dispute on this either. The current Archbishop Ferrao is a live example.
17. It is the Bamon policies that are implemented through Church objectives/policies. This is so true too!
18. During past few years there is an attempt to break this Bamon hegemony over church in Goa. It would be nice if Raju Nayak was more explicit on this. But surely there are signs of revolt against bamon Raj inside the Church and increasing awareness.
19. This casteism has become intensive during the past 20 years and some firebrand priests using their talents and organizing capability are trying to defeat the Church objectives. The word ‘casteism’ is not correct to use here. It is the freedom movement from Bamany tyranny that worships satan in subtle forms. The priests who involved in this battle deserves to be supported although they are no named in this article.
20. These priests then get involved in politics. Contesting elections is banned for priests by Cannon Law that governs the church. True, some priests do get involved in open campaigning during elections. This is to be discouraged.
21. There is debate now that Bishop has no control over Priests in Goa. Let the debate go on.
22. These days it has become common phenomena for parishioners to accuse priests of financial irregularities, lobbying to keep control of important churches, direst participation of in elections, unnecessary interference in village unwanted matters, and allegations of sexual harassment. This is indeed true. In some cases there is basis for protests of the parishioners like in Sanvordem case where lottery scam of Rs.30 lakh is committed and Archbishop is involved in covering up the truth. Satan has cords of control over Goa Archbishop and it is evident from the way things unfolded in Sanvordem.
23. Priests have to take the vows of obedience but they live in luxury. Lifestyles of some priests will leave even Jesus Christ sucking his figures. There is truth in luxurious lifestyle of the priests but why Raju Nayak excludes Archbishop and his lifestyle? Is it because he is also Bamon like Raju Nayak? Diocesan priests does not have vow of obedience and they are free to chart out their initiatives even against will of the Archbishop. Jesus Christ is all forgiving God and never sucks his figures instead he suffers on Calvary and willingly got crucified on Cross.
24. Fr.Naik has become desperate and hopeless and playing around his own life. This is a character assassination of Fr. Naik who is a mulnivasi priest from a Bamon writer Raju Nayak. Rightly the effigy of Raju nayak was burned in protests in Valpoi and police cases registered in Ponda and Verem police stations.
25. He is not Goan. True. Dr.Ambedkar, Jyotibha Phule, Shahu Maharaj also were not Goan.
26. He is not even from Mangalore. May be. Dr.Ambedkar, Jyotibha Phule, Shahu Maharaj also were not from Mangalore.
27. Pundalik Naik even said that Fr.Pratap Naik’s mother tongue is not konkni. Pundalik Naik’s morality is reflected from the dedication of his novel ‘Bamber’. It is not surprising that Pundlik Naik has been brought into the discussion about Fr.Pratap Naik. The two are poles apart. Fr.Pratap Naik is exposing Bamon Raj while Pundalik Naik is inside the camp of Bamons. He will obviously cast stones at Fr.Pratap Naik as this priest has refused to admit tentacles of bamani slavery dished out through devnagri Konkni.
28. Fr.Pratap Naik has doctorate in Linguistic. That’s very nice.
29. He was given charge of St. Stephen Kendra. That time he accepted Devnagri Konkani. This is true.
30. Then he changed to such an extend as to call devnagri Konkni a dialect and not language. This is also true.
31. When he is calling himself linguist how can he change? The linguists who are honest to themselves change when they see new light on the surface. And there is plenty of light surrounding Fr.Pratap Naik and it is reflected around him even in the cartoon intended to demonize him with thorns and tail and with Trishul in his hand. Light cannot be hidden. It shines even in the all pervasive darkness of bamon raj.
32. After finishing his doctorate he expected to be facilitated widely in Konkani world. This did not happen. That’s why his ego is hurt. Political phenomena of Bamani oppression is sought to be reduced to personal petty issue. This is typical way of slandering that Raju Nayak and his saraswat colleagues are so good at them. Full marks here!
33. That’s why he turned venomous. It is duty of every human being to revolt against oppressive situation and Fr.Pratap is doing exactly this. What is venom for Bamons in Goa is honey for mulnivasis in Goa.
34. In 2005 he resigned from membership of Konkani Academy citing that Academy is causing injustice to Romi Konkani. That’s very good. Congratulations to Fr.Pratap!
35. Once he accused Archbishop on his face at public function that he has done nothing for Romi Konkani. Bishop was shocked. Archbishop called him and fired him well. If this is indeed true then Fr.Pratp deserves all the praises. Archbishop is doing too many wrong things and very few priests can stand up and tell him that on his face. This proves that Fr.Pratap Naik is brave and upright priest of God.
36. He fell from the eyes of the Church and then went aside and took side of Romi Konkani. This is not true. He might have fallen from the eyes of the Archbishop because of his forthright attitude. Goa Archbishop does not like such people and nor does Raju Nayk loves them! The Archbishop’s house itself is in the control of the fallen angel – the Lucifer and the fruits of the work of the Archbishop are self evident – sale of Vanxim, Repression of Fr.Saluzinho Vaz, cover up in Sanvordem lottery scam, etc. The light around him led Fr.Pratap to side of Romi Konkani and not any other reason.
37. He thought that his self-intent will be fulfilled through this switching of sides. Which self-intent? Is it to expose bamon Raj? If yes, then it is very good.
38. He incited Christian brethren and changed their minds. This is so pleasing. But the is a man who changed Fr.Pratap Naik’s view and that man is Ramnath Naik who is an encyclopedia of bamani conspiracy behind language controversy in Goa. Ramnath delivered lecture on this at Xaviers Centre for Historical Research, Porvorim half a decade ago.
39. In political arena he wants to generate agitations that will surpass Konkani agitation with regard to unleashing of violence. This is how bamons react, creating fear of violence amongst public. Yet they will never criticize Gandhi for creating largest scale violence with a one call of ‘do or die’ on 9th August 1942. They never admit that independence is won on the violence unleashed by Gandhi and to cover up they go on propagating Gandhi was non-violent. Now they are forecasting that Fr.Pratap will generate violent waves of protests (against Bamons?).
40. In 1987 Konkani agitation went away from the hands of devnagri leaders into the hands of religious tensions. No one can deny this. Violence was deliberately resorted to so that bamons and their leader Uday Bhembre can cunningly impose devnagri Konkni as official language of Goa.
41. Fr.Pratap has erected pillar of venom when large number of Christian students studying devnagri kaonkani. No. Fr.Pratap has not spilled venom. He has spoken the truth. The truth hurts and Bamons perceive it as venom!
42. In 2008 Fr.Naik made explosive speech for cultural conference and after that Tiatr Academy got set up and Dalgado academy was poured with funds but Fr.Pratap was not satisfied. Very good! Fr.Pratap has been credit with setting up of Tiatr Academy and pouring funds to Delgado Academy! Well done Fr.Pratap! this speech is labeled as explosive by Raju Nayak as bamons approach towards bulldozing devnagri konkni over State of Goa is that of terrorist (Akondvadi). The tag of ‘terrorist’ that Fr.Pratap Naik gave to Bamons is sought to be returned back to Fr.Pratap through this article of Raju Nayak.
43. Fr.Pratap went on making explosive speeches and that’s why Catholics went way from him. That’s very good. Even Jesus whom Fr.Pratap serves was also deserted by every one of his follower and was left to be crucified and die alone. Even heavenly Father abandoned him to die. And yet through his death he scored a stunning victory over the army of the forces of darkness with sensational resurrection. It is therefore no big deal if Fr.Pratap are left with no Catholics around him. They will come when time is ripe. That should not be worry to Bamons of Goa.
44. Amongst Roman Catholics now there is difference (bhed) with Fr.Pratap. It is not a big deal to have differences. Jesus himself came to set the earth on fire. He came to set one against another. Truth will always go against falsities. The two will not reconcile. The differences are inevitable. The existence of differences does not necessarily thwart the onward march of the movement of Romi Konkani-Marathi together.
45. When he realized that he cannot work with Roman Konkni protagonists he collaborated with Marathi protagonists! This is not the realization. The true realization is that when it dawned to Ramnath Naik that Marathi and Romi Konkani has common enemies and they are Bomons of Goa. Ramnath Naik is the one who brought about awareness to Catholics in Goa as to how bamons have conspired to suppress Romi Konkani as well as Marathi. Raju Nayak has no courage to write against Ramnath Naik. Instead in order to end this collaboration Raju Naik has published this type of nasty breakfast.
46. Last week on stage for press conference there was not a single Roman Konkani protagonist with him because they are not terrorists to the degree of Fr.Pratap. Calling Raman Konkani protagonists terrorist and Fr.Pratap a terrorist of higher degree only reflects the frustration and desperation of bamons in Goa. Bharat Mukti Morcha condemns Raju Nayak for tagging Roman Konkani Protogonists as ‘terrorists’.
47. Tomazinho cannot say that devnagri is conspiracy created by Saraswats. He cannot even take stand that along with Roman Konkani Marathi also must be made Goa’s State language. True for now. But ones he sees the light of truth and gathers courage to stand up for it Tomazinho will say that devangri is a conspiracy created by Saraswats and will also stand to make Raman Konkani along with Marathi state languages of Goa and repeal devangri. And even if Tomazinho Cardozo does not realize his folly of remaining attached to bamon raj as their lackey the objective truth will continue to surface irrespective of some getting bitter about it. Act of omissions of Tomazinho Cardozo will not prevent the march of Romi konkni and Marathi towards intellectual vibrancy and mulnivasi freedom.
48. Roman Konkani protagonists know that even as hypothesis if they take stand to side Marathi then Christian society will not forgive them. Bamons are so confident that the division that that they created during opinion poll will last forever.
49. Fr.Pratap can speak alone in press conference but if he goes ahead and calls joint meeting of supporters of Romi Konkani and Marathi no none will come. Time will prove. No reason for bamons to worry.
50. According to an intellectual it is common understanding now that devnagri konkni has done injustice to Roman Konkani. Roman Konkani protagonists has lost the war long time ago; they should chart out their way independently not by going along with Marathi. Opinion of an unnamed intellectual need not be the imposed on readers. This intellectual has no courage to come out openly with his name. Most probably there is no such intellectual anywhere other than in the figment of imagination of Raju Nayak.
51. Christian intellectual admit that the reason for failure of Romi Konkni movement is absence of intellectual leadership. But Fr.Pratap cannot lead as he is not Goan and he does not even have reputation that he is a leader of great capability. In addition he has not even sweated out in konkni agitation. After Konkani was declared State language he came to Goa. The Christian intellectual who cannot even disclose his name cannot be taken seriously. Raju Nayak is indulging in cock and bull stories for the reasons best known to him. When bamon writes and speaks he has only one intention supremacy of Brahmanism and Raju Nayak is no different.
52. That’s why he cannot claim that “I represent Christian People”. His claims are laughable. Not sure is who is to be laughed at whether Fr.Pratap to be laughed at or Raju Nayak for basing his case on anonymous intellectuals. Not even sure as to what is the color of his journalism, yellow or some other colour.
53. While speaking about Konkani and its rights he speaks in English. True. What’s wrong? In which language struggle for devnagri was fought? Marathi!
54. Did Catholics in Goa ever learn Konkani? After victory of Konkani, Chiristian intellectuals and litterateurs neglected Romi Konkani. This is the truth. Manusmriti permits Bamons to present falsity as truth. We got to take Raju Nayak’s writing with a pinch of salt.
55. These upper caste Brahmins even ignored Tiatrs as of low status. This is true.
56. People going for Tiatr are dwindling today. Today’s generation is strength as well as weakness of Tiatrs. Perhaps Raju Nayak has statistics on this. Raju Nayak is worried about strengths or weaknesses?
57. Even in devnagri Proffesional journalists, Publishers, Dramatists and Litterateurs are not getting formed, and this is regrettable. If this is the case then it should revoked as official language immediately.
58. Marathi literature world is in despair today. Oh really?
59. Marathi newspapers are sold in Goa today but where is market for books? Drama ‘nataks’ are stopped! Who mastered launched vicious campaigns against nataks in 1970s? The role of Bamons in stopping Marathi nataks in Goa is well documented in books of Ramnath Naik.
60. Unfortunately Devnagri, Roman and Marathi’s progress is throttled by historic differences and hatred. No. It is through suppression of Raman Konkani and Marathi, and imposition of devangri with deceit the progress of mulnivasis in Goa is throttled.
61. And to increase this differences and hatred non-goans like Fr.Pratap Naik dedicated. They came as priests and undertake irreligious conspiracies. They are not bothered at all about Goa. Tomorrow they will leave Goa but leave their venom of irreligion. This clear bamani conspiracy to promote regionalism – a fight between Goans and non-Goans- so that Fr.Pratap Naik will get isolated from movement in Goa. But Bamons are not the alfa and omega of Goa. Their conspiracies are so visible now. Fr.Pratap Naik in collaboration with another mulnivasi Ramnath Naik has collaborated to bring about tremendous awareness amongst people of Goa. We are no bothered whether you are from Goa or Mangalore or from Kashmir. The light that you have focused on Goa will serve as a beacon for a discerning mind. Let the Bamons keep their malice and hatred to themselves and not mess around with affairs of mulnivasis any longer. Its time to say enough is enough. The all round loot and plunder deceit and cheating which leveled mulnivasis for many generations are legendary. All this Bamons did only because they are Eurasian invaders and they wanted to rule over mulnivasis in india. Language is one area in which they carried on their devilish policy and propaganda. Bamon Raj stops now. Jai Mulnivasi!